Be Always Ready – Be Always Prepared
Ship & Boat owners, are you prepared to extinguish a fire situation if it occurs on board your water vessel? FIREBOY XINTEX may be the solution.
If you are not currently prepared, the info that follows would be helpful in getting your water craft fire safe.
The best way to fight a fire is to avoid one ever getting started
On Board Fire Prevention 101
- Keep your watercraft free of litter.
- Keep engine room area free of clutter. Engine leaks would be more easily detected.
- Place at least one suitably classed extinguisher to combat a typical fire in the environment in which the unit is located.
USA Fire Classifications
A fire extinguisher labeled “K” is for use on Class K fires. Class K fires are fires that involve vegetable oils, animal oils, or fats in cooking appliances. Typically found in commercial kitchens, restaurants & cafeterias.
Be it Known:
- The USA Coast Guard is the safety & enforcement authority on shipping and transportation of passengers and goods in domestic and international waters.
- Coast Guard Approved extinguishers are hand-portable, either B-I or B-II classification and have a specific marine type mounting bracket.
- Coast Guard approved fire extinguishers are classified by a letter and number symbol. The letter indicates the type fire the unit is designed to extinguish. The number indicates the size of the extinguisher.
- Inboard engines.
- Closed compartments and compartments under seats where portable fuel tanks may be stored.
- Double bottoms not sealed to the hull or which are not completely filled with flotation materials.
- Closed Living spaces.
- Closed stowage compartments in which combustible or flammable materials are stored.
- Permanently installed fuel tanks.
Minimum Hand Portable Fire Extinguishers Requirements
|Vessel Length||No Fixed System||With Approved System|
|Less than 25′||1 B-I||0|
|25′ to less than 40′||2 B-I or 1 B-II||1 B-I|
|40′ to 65 ‘||3 B-I or 1 B-II and 1 B-I||2 B-I or 1 B-II|
- FIREBOY XINTEX Portable Fire Extinguisher leaves no residue whatsoever
- FIREBOY XINTEX Portable Fire Extinguisher fire-suppressant agent is a non-conductor of electrical current
- FIREBOY XINTEX Portable Fire Extinguisher provides ideal extinguishing capabilities for flammable fluids including gasoline and diesel fuel
- FIREBOY XINTEX Portable Fire Extinguisher is the first clean-agent systems in the world to receive U.S. Coast Guard approval
- FIREBOY XINTEX Portable Fire Extinguisher allows as many as 10 feet distance fire fighting capability because of its high Argon Pressurization
- FIREBOY XINTEX Portable Fire Extinguisher agent applied directly to engines, will not damage the engine or component parts.
Which FIREBOY XINTEX Portable Fire Extinguisher will best suit your needs? Armed with the information here contained, it should be a cinch to make the right choice of Fire Extinguisher for your water vessel investment.